Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) produces detailed images of the organs and tissues in the body. The scanner itself resembles a large tube with a table in the middle, allowing the patient to slide in. There is very little preparation required, however, individuals who are anxious or nervous about enclosed spaces should tell their doctor. Often they can be given medication prior to the MRI to help make the procedure more comfortable.
At Bayside Imaging, we offer the following MRI scans at varying locations:
- MRI with/without IV Contrast
- MRI Breast Only
- MR Angiogram (MRA)
Arrival time for appointment
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scan time. Late arrivals may result in rescheduling of your scan to a later date. Patients that do not show or cancel less than 24 hours prior to their appointment may be charged.
Appointment Instructions (Allow 1- 1 ½ hours for this examination)
To ensure the safety of our patients and staff, only the patient will be allowed into the scan area. Anyone that accompanies the patient will be limited to the waiting area and may be allowed in patient areas at the sole discretion of the staff
- You will be asked to change into a gown prior to your scan.
- NO implantable electronic medical devices (i.e. cochlear ear implant, pacemaker, tens unit, hearing aids, etc.).
- For MRI Abdomen, Pelvis: No solid food 2 hours prior to the appointment. Follow hydration instructions below.
- For MRI Rectal Protocol: No food or liquids (other than water) 4 hours prior to the appointment. Administer over the counter Fleets Enema morning of the scan.
- Take your medications as per your normal routine
- Beginning 3 hours before your scheduled exam time, drink 1 glass of water every hour, for a total of 3 glasses
- For example: A 12:00 appointment would have a person drinking one glass of water at 9:00, 10:00, and 11:00.
- Voiding is allowed; a full bladder is not necessary. Continue to drink water couple hours after the scan to flush your system