Breast Biopsy Scan Instructions
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment. Late arrivals may result in rescheduling your appointment to a later date. Patients that do not show for their imaging appointment may be charged.
Scan Instructions (allow 1 – 1.5 hours for this exam):
Please be sure to follow the instructions provided below for the best possible imaging outcome. If there is a possibility of pregnancy, please inform our staff prior to your appointment.
To ensure the safety of our patients and staff, only the patient will be allowed into the scan area. Anyone that accompanies the patient will be limited to the waiting area and may be allowed in patient areas at the sole discretion of our staff. Here’s what to expect at your appointment:
- You will be asked to change into a gown prior to your scan.
- NO implantable electronic medical devices (i.e. cochlear ear implant, pacemaker, tens unit, hearing aids, etc.).
- For MRI Abdomen, Pelvis: No solid food 2 hours prior to the appointment. Follow hydration instructions below.
- For MRI Rectal Protocol: No food or liquids (other than water) 4 hours prior to the appointment. Administer over the counter Fleets Enema morning of the scan.
- Continue to take your medications as prescribed
- Beginning 3 hours before your scheduled exam time, drink 1 glass of water every hour, for a total of 3 glasses
- For example: A 12:00 appointment would have a person drinking one glass of water at 9:00, 10:00, and 11:00.
- Voiding is allowed; a full bladder is not necessary. Continue to drink water couple hours after the scan to flush your system