PET/CT – Axumin
Arrival time for appointment
PLEASE ARRIVE 30 MINS PRIOR TO YOUR SCAN TIME. LATE ARRIVALS MAY RESULT IN RESCHEDULING OF YOUR SCAN TO A LATER DATE. Patients that do not show or cancel less than 24 hours prior to their appointment may be charged.
Allow 45 min- 1 ½ hours for the total exam
To ensure the safety of our patients and staff, only the patient will be allowed into the scan area. Anyone that accompanies the patient will be limited to the waiting area and may be allowed in patient areas at the sole discretion of the staff. Thank you for your understanding.
- Follow hydration instructions below.
- No food (including no gum) or other liquids (coffee, tea) 4 hours prior to appointment.
- No exercise 24 hours prior to your exam.
- Take your medications regularly.
- Wear comfortable clothing without metal clasps or zippers.
- If patient is on fluid restriction, refer to ordering MD for hydration instructions
- Beginning 3 hours before your scheduled exam time, drink 1 glass of water every hour, for a total of 3 glasses
- For example: A 12:00 appointment would have a person drinking one glass of water at 9:00, 10:00, and 11:00.
- Voiding is allowed; a full bladder is not necessary. Continue to drink water couple hours after the scan to flush your system.