PET/CT NETSPOT (Ga-68 Dotatate)
Arrival time for appointment
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scan time. Late arrivals may result in rescheduling of your scan to a later date. Patients that do not show or cancel less than 24 hours prior to their appointment may be charged.
Appointment Instructions (Allow 1 ½ – 2 hours for this examination)
To ensure the safety of our patients and staff, only the patient will be allowed into the scan area. Anyone that accompanies the patient will be limited to the waiting area and may be allowed in patient areas at the sole discretion of the staff
- There is no fasting for this procedure
- Take your medications as directed. If on a somatostatin analog such as Octreotide – please talk to your doctor as there are restrictions
- Wear comfortable clothing without metal clasps or zippers
- Reading and phone use is allowed while in uptake
- Beginning 3 hours before your scheduled exam time, drink 1 glass of water every hour, for a total of 3 glasses
- For example: A 12:00 appointment would have a person drinking one glass of water at 9:00, 10:00, and 11:00.
- Voiding is allowed; a full bladder is not necessary. Continue to drink water couple hours after the scan to flush your system